apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Badlands GearBadlands Gear  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gnarly Buck Night Cruising
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am by Tracer

» will try this again lol
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 am by steve

» Nice Size Rub Work
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm by Tracer

» Last preparation for Bow Opener
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm by Tracer

» Steve wins again
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am by Tracer

» Assorted Wildlife
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am by steve

» Happy Birthday armyhunter
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday Redneck Plumber
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday 4ST EYES
Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Attractant Scents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oneshot

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello Hunters,
I thought I would start a thread on Deer attractant scents. What have you guys had good luck with, and what has proven to be unsuccessful? I have had good luck with Code Blue Estrous Gel. I heard Vanilla is productive, but have yet to try it.
Oneshot
Back to top Go down
Final
Admin
Final

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 am

Well, I used to use natural scents such as doe in heat and tarsal gland. Now here in Ontario it is banned for use, a feeble atempt to control C.W.D. I say feeble because while they [ our Goverment] banned the scents, they failed to ban the deer farms, The farms are a major contributor to the spread of C.W.D from deer that excape or come into contact with wild deer. The funny thing about it is you can sell it but you can't use it. Code blue liqiud form was a favorite when I could afford it.
Back to top Go down
4ST EYES
Admin
4ST EYES

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Actually I don't put much faith in scents. I figure if they are down wind of you they will likely wind you and evaporate. I have tried a few brands but only once can I say it really worked and that was on a spiker. Since I only gun hunt I can usually find a location that puts the wind in my favor. I also put up a fair number of tree stands and ground blinds.
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Prior to the ban on the natural scents, I had good results with doe in estrus on mock scrapes and early season with buck urine, both at tree stands. I tried Tinks power scrape which is synthetic( legal) but didn't have any results with it.
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
oneshot

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: To Tracer   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 am

Tracer,
Thanks for your input. I live in New Hampshire USA, so there are no bans here. You have good luck with buck urine early season. What dates do you consider early season? I have heard about mock scrapes before. Do you really believe in them?
Thanks,
Oneshot
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I used the buck urine two seasons ago on a drag line in October. I dragged it all the way into my stand, climbed the tree stand with it and then tossed the piece of scented rag on to a tree limb five yards down wind of my stand. Within an hour a fork horn buck wonder in straight to that tree limb with the rag in it, and then the buck walks right under my tree stand and then over to the mock scrape I had 10 yards from my stand. The mock scrape had some doe urine in it that I had put down a week before. Once the deer go in it and leave tracks in it, I don't need to freshen it up anymore. It quite a sight to see it work and I've also had a group of does come into the same scrape that season.
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
oneshot

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Tracer   Attractant Scents Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:37 am

Tracer,
Thank you very much for your thorough and detailed reply. Exactly how I like it. Did you use regular doe urine in your scrape or estrous urine? Thank you for the tip.
Oneshot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attractant Scents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attractant Scents   Attractant Scents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attractant Scents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net :: Big Game :: Whitetail Deer-
Jump to: