apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Badlands GearBadlands Gear  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gnarly Buck Night Cruising
Hunting story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am by Tracer

» will try this again lol
Hunting story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 am by steve

» Nice Size Rub Work
Hunting story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm by Tracer

» Last preparation for Bow Opener
Hunting story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm by Tracer

» Steve wins again
Hunting story Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am by Tracer

» Assorted Wildlife
Hunting story Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am by steve

» Happy Birthday armyhunter
Hunting story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday Redneck Plumber
Hunting story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday 4ST EYES
Hunting story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hunting story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brickem

Hunting story Empty
PostSubject: Hunting story   Hunting story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:12 pm

I loved tracking ,getting old but still try.Bow season located a nice buck on state land. Hunted him to no avail bow season.Yr 1998.1st day of shotgun went to my area early . a new snow ,about an inch ,but frozen to a noisy crust.I picked up a bunch of tracks going into a very thick area right at daylight.1 of the tracks was large and i suspected my buck was with this bunch. I followed as causously as i could ,but jumped them way before i sighted them .The largest of the bunch sepatated .I figured this was the buck.I followed him for hours ,jumping him prob 5 times saw his tail a couple of times but could see no horns . He urinated and at that pt. i was sure of this being a buck . I still needed to see his horns though. I followed at a comfortable walk and he got used to me behind him.Itried cutting him off ,but it was just to noisy . he always managed to stay 2-3 hundreds yds in front of me.That damn crust.It had been drizzling and flurrying all day .I knew the country well and at about 3pm he started following this brook up through the thickets.At this pt i knew if somehow i could close the distance that he was getting very confident of my pace and sound. I also kew that there were ledges coming off a ridge and that the water cascading off the ledge would cover my sound a bit.It was time to make my move . dropped my pack and jacket ,all clothing except my vest and hunting pants . I ran as fast as i could toward these ledges and looking frantically in all directions.That buck was so surprised that he let me run right up to him and plant a slug in his neck.A beautiful 10 pt.scored about 150.WHAT A HUNT ...1 mile or so drag and 6 or so miles back to car on discontinued roads.At that pt i didnt mind though . I was so happy.
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Hunting story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting story   Hunting story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Great story, thanks for sharing.

QDMA Deer Stewart
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
Final
Admin
Final

Hunting story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting story   Hunting story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 am

Yes thanks for sharing, a good read.

Proud Member of.....  O.F.A.H. / N.A.H.C. / R.L.C.H.C. / R.L.C.F.C. / W.T.F. / W.R.H.C. / F.T.W.Z. / A.P.F.W.
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Hunting story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting story   Hunting story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 pm

yes good story. good luck this season everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting story   Hunting story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting story
Page 1 of 1