apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Badlands GearBadlands Gear  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gnarly Buck Night Cruising
A sad tale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am by Tracer

» will try this again lol
A sad tale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 am by steve

» Nice Size Rub Work
A sad tale Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm by Tracer

» Last preparation for Bow Opener
A sad tale Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm by Tracer

» Steve wins again
A sad tale Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am by Tracer

» Assorted Wildlife
A sad tale Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am by steve

» Happy Birthday armyhunter
A sad tale Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday Redneck Plumber
A sad tale Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday 4ST EYES
A sad tale Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

A sad tale

Go down 
+2
Swamp buck
Final
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Final
Admin
Final

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:16 am

Its cold, my face is freezing, I wonder if the furnace quit working, I was thinking this as I was waking up, then it all came back to me. I wasn't in my bed, I was laying under a tree. I had decided to move my stand, it was last minute thinking on my part, as I had not seen anything where I was for a few days.I knew a better spot,The tree was a good one straight and easy to get up, with a great veiw of the clearing. I was almost done when the branch I was hanging onto for support broke, I fell about twenty feet staight down. The sharp intense pain only lasted a few seconds , then nothing no feeling at all, just a sick feeling in my guts. I could talk because I was telling myself that this time I had really done it, I was in seriouse trouble. I had no cell phone with me as I had lent it to the wife. Even worse was no one knew where I was, I had found this spot early on in the season, it was a small clearing in the thick bush just off the edge of a swamp, a perfect spot to ambush a mature Buck, my secret honey hole, not too hard to get to after you walk across a beaver dam and skirt the swamp for a half mile, as I was thinking this it hit me hard that the chance of anyone finding me was very slim. I had no way to signal a bow does not make much noise, not that I could reach it anyway. I could still yell but I did that almost all nite till my voice had gone hoarse, I waited after each session of yelling for a response but all I heard was bush sounds. Lots of things went around in my head, but mostly it was my family how I would miss out on a lot, my kids getting married, holding grand kids for the first time, you know all the things most of us take for granted. I fell asleep at some point after this, several times I remember waking up when I woke up again it was raining hard and it was getting cold I could feel it on my face, I was tired very tired, I no longer even knew how long I had been laying here. I thought that I had heard a helicopter and had been hoping for help to come, I think that was yesterday but I am not sure,I have woken up again, how long have I been here? I do know now that no one is coming they could never find me here. I'm very tired now and its snowing, how beautiful it looks I was thinking as I drifted off....... This story is fiction but it can and does happen to hunters every year. I typed it as a reminder to my fellow hunters and freinds to always be safe and tell or leave a note on where you will be hunting so this does not happen to you.PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE.
Back to top Go down
Swamp buck
Admin
Swamp buck

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 pm

You got my attention. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:58 am

That was nasty Wink. Thanks for the reminder. Use that safety harness .
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
4ST EYES
Admin
4ST EYES

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Not nice at all!!! But it does get your attention and I know it happens more often than we believe. Some get lucky and the others well . . . . . . Sad
Back to top Go down
bowhunter-57

bowhunter-57

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm

holy crap,l though you were writing my story,that same thing happened to me, l went in to a spot of mine to drop off some apples,know one knew l was there,l put two 5 gal. pails of apples down under my treestand and climbed up to fix my sit,standing there in the stand when one of the cables broke and the bottom fell out from under me,well l fell 20ft. and landed on my back just missing the two pails,cause if l had landed on them l wouldn't be here now.The fall knocked the air right out of me,l couldn't breath of a few seconds,l did hit one of the pails with my arm,well that swelled up like a balloon,l managed to dump the apples and make it to my truck about 800yds. away.Went home and waited for the wife to come home and give me s**t,went to the hospital,no broken bones just a bad brusing to my body and my ego,now l wear a harness for everything. LESSON LEARNED.
Back to top Go down
perrysbirds

perrysbirds

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Your right Phil!
I have to start to use a harness as well.
I use 2 sections of TV tower for tree stands and it gets up near the 20 foot mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A sad tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad tale   A sad tale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sad tale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net :: General Discussion :: Base Camp-
Jump to: