apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Badlands GearBadlands Gear  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gnarly Buck Night Cruising
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am by Tracer

» will try this again lol
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 am by steve

» Nice Size Rub Work
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm by Tracer

» Last preparation for Bow Opener
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm by Tracer

» Steve wins again
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am by Tracer

» Assorted Wildlife
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am by steve

» Happy Birthday armyhunter
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday Redneck Plumber
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday 4ST EYES
Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Turkey tags are in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ned

Ned

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 pm

The Wolfs Den has turkey tags in so it's time to start getting ready for the season. Who's going to hit the turkey woods, & what weapon will you be carrying with you?
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Time to tuneup the calls and practice. I hunt turkeys with the 12gauge and with the crossbow on Sundays. I liked to try hunting them from a ground blind this year.
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
Ned

Ned

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 pm

I've got all my gear set out & ready for the morning. its raining & snowing here so it should be quiet getting into the bush in the AM. Is anybody else getting after the birds this year?
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

I can't get out until the weekend. Good luck to everyone heading out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:16 pm

There was 2" of new snow on the ground when I got to the farm just before 6am.. too late for my liking but oh well. As I was putting my gear on the birds were gobbling on the roost so I hurried to a little field surrounded by bush that I thought that they might hit based on where the gobbling was coming from. I no sooner got to the field and could hear them on the ground and moving quickly. I picked a tree and got my call out, I made a call and 2 were gobbling at me. I didn't have to wait long & I watched them come into the field, strutting every so often as they entered the field. There were 3 jakes and the 1st one into the field ran right towards me like he was on a string to about 40yds then stopped. I had a branch in my way and when I shifted to get a better sight picture he must have seen me and he headed in the opposite direction. The other 2 jakes continued strutting & gobbling at about 80 yds & didn't really move too much until a couple of hens entered the field and led them away. I made some "clucks" & "cuts" as they left the field but they just gobbled and followed the ladies away.

I had ranged a rock in the field at 40yds, made a couple calls and then this jake appeared just at the top of a knoll at the edge of the field. He strutted and I estimated him to be about 45yds away. He didn't make any moves to enter the field & so I set the cross-hairs on him, snapped the trigger & down he went. I collected my prize and then ranged the shot..... 55yds, wow I really misjudged the distance and I got lucky, I never should have taken that shot - I am only using a 12ga with a full choke & 2 3/4" shells, like I said I got lucky. 40 minutes from the time I got out of my truck. 14-16lb bird, nubs for spurs, & 3-4" beard.

Turkey tags are in OpeningmorningJake4_zps69a5d70e

Turkey tags are in OpeningmorningJake1_zps38f8e339

Turkey tags are in OpeningmorningJake2_zpsbd82ac22

Turkey tags are in OpeningmorningJake3_zps2f49c1f3
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Great bird and story, congrats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turkey tags are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey tags are in   Turkey tags are in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turkey tags are in
Page 1 of 1