apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Trail CamerasTrail Cameras  PublicationsPublications  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Alert doe on point
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 11:01 pm by Tracer

» speedy doe
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 pm by Tracer

» Please Support the Spring Bear Hunt
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 9:11 am by Tracer

» Managed one....
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 8:52 am by Tracer

» Badlands Back Packs and Approach Camo
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 8:41 am by Tracer

» Nice to see this place still here
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm by Tracer

» My Fawn Mount is Finished
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:09 pm by Tracer

» Mature Buck Passing Through
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 8:37 pm by Tracer

» Bear visit at deer stand
    Time to find some new hunting grounds. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:31 pm by Tracer

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Forum
    October 2020
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Time to find some new hunting grounds.

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Tracer
    Admin
    Tracer

Time to find some new hunting grounds. Empty
    PostTime to find some new hunting grounds.

Saw 7 does in a cut corn field in Dec.2019, evening. Typically that's the number of deer( does ) in a group that I see in my hunting area
    either in the Spring when they are returning from their winter yard to summer range or in the Fall. The buck groups I only have seen
    on my trail cameras, the past five years , in groups of 2 or 3. The summer of 2018, evening in July was the only exception when I saw live,one mature buck with a younger one in a bean field.

I started deer hunting this area in 2005 and the deer population has held up with a consistent deer herd( based on glassing and trail camera data ) 15-20 animals.
    I have enjoyed 13 deer seasons in this area of public forest lands and have been fortunate enough to have harvested some nice deer
    off the property. As the years have passed, the hunter numbers have increased in the area especially in the last five years.
    The increasing pressure on the deer was becoming more noticeable with more nocturnal activity data from the trail cameras and
    fewer daytime sightings.
    This past season I had bow hunter set up a ladder stand 300 yards from my ground blind that I had been conditioning the deer
    to for the past 4 years. My stand is now ruined, the deer bypass it.
    In another one my spots, 200 yards from my tree stand, a guy sets up a climber while I was on stand, making metal clinging sounds, talking. I never saw a deer at that stand after that, no trail camera pics either.
    I'm all for promoting hunting and getting more people in to it but there is just too many hunters chasing deer in this neck of the woods.
    Time to find some new deer hunting grounds.

QDMA Deer Stewart
    Back to top Go down
    http://whitetailscrossing.com