apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about Deer and everthing else outdoor related. Come on and join us.

HomeHome  Trail CamerasTrail Cameras  PublicationsPublications  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» fawn pics near home
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm by Tracer

» try again fisher pic
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:05 pm by Tracer

» see if I can post a pic or two
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 pm by Tracer

» one of each
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm by Tracer

» Fisher Sequence
Mon May 08, 2017 7:17 am by 4ST EYES

» Winner at Ontario Monster Whitetails
Mon May 08, 2017 7:14 am by 4ST EYES

» Turkey Time Soon
Sun May 07, 2017 5:35 pm by steve

» Buddies Solar pics
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 am by 4ST EYES

» Deer Atractant - home made mix
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Calling or sounds to attract whitetails

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneshot

PostSubject: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 am

Hello Hunters,
Please share any calling techniques that have proven successful for you. when, type of habitat, etc. I have had some decent luck with the Primos Can Call. If there is a buck in the area, he will get curious. I have seen it work at 100 yards.
Oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4ST EYES
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

I have had some luck with the Primo can call also and also with the grunt call. Late season I stop using them because I feel the bucks get clued into them though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Final
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:20 am

I use the bleat"n"heat can call, it works . I cup my hand over the top and move my palm up and down to change the sound [more plantive] I have had good results with it. I also use....... well I don't know if I want to mention this call or not????? aw hell, ok I will this might sound crazy [ why, along with I am stingy with my tricks, I never mentioned it before] but I have heard over 6 deer use what I can best describe as a lip smacking sound, almost like water driping into a sink of water, while I have not heard a buck use this sound, I have heard 2 does and four fawns use it. they do it steady for about 30-45 secs, the first time, I had a hard time believing what I was hearing, but as the fawn came closer I knew for sure thats what it was doing, it seems to be a contented sound I have made the same sound when I thought doe's caught some movement of mine, they seemed to relax after I made the sound and continued eating.[ I harvest does as they are plentyful and taste great.] I also use a grunt tube with some responses but not always.

Proud Member of.....  O.F.A.H. / N.A.H.C. / R.L.C.H.C. / R.L.C.F.C. / W.T.F. / W.R.H.C. / F.T.W.Z. / A.P.F.W.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tracer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Very interesting deer vocal Final. I can't say if I've ever heard that one before. Good post.

QDMA Deer Stewart
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitetailscrossing.com
Final
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:19 am

I should also mention that I was useing a doe decoy when I heard and used that sound. I don't know if I described it right by saying driping water but its close, the sound only has about just under 1 second between each smack. The fawn used it more than the doe.

Proud Member of.....  O.F.A.H. / N.A.H.C. / R.L.C.H.C. / R.L.C.F.C. / W.T.F. / W.R.H.C. / F.T.W.Z. / A.P.F.W.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot

PostSubject: to Final   Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:47 am

Hey Final,
Those Whitetails were just trying to clear their choppers from all that peanut butter you fed them. Ha ha, lol, just kidding
Oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Final
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling or sounds to attract whitetails   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 am

I actually have never used peanut butter, costs to much, at least around here anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calling or sounds to attract whitetails
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net :: Big Game :: Whitetail Deer-
Jump to: