apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

A place to talk about deer and deer Hunting and all the gear that goes with it.

HomeHome  Badlands GearBadlands Gear  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gnarly Buck Night Cruising
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am by Tracer

» will try this again lol
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 am by steve

» Nice Size Rub Work
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm by Tracer

» Last preparation for Bow Opener
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm by Tracer

» Steve wins again
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am by Tracer

» Assorted Wildlife
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am by steve

» Happy Birthday armyhunter
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday Redneck Plumber
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm by Tracer

» Happy Birthday 4ST EYES
My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 pm by Tracer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My Hunt for Moose

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Final
Admin
Final

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:03 am

I was out for calf moose almost everyday of the hunt. During the week's hunt, I saw 1 single cow twice, two cows together on three different days and two different bulls, why did I see all those Moose? because I did not have a tag for them thats why, oh and there are a lot of Moose where I live. On the last day at last light, I had a cow and calf come out at 134 yrds [range finder] on the edge of a large swamp with a ton of dead falls,deep water and sink holes. I was useing my remington slug gun [scoped] I had only a small window to take the shot, as they were moveingalong pretty fast, so I took the shot, waited as long as I could then went to the spot the calf was and could see no blood or hair [at first] I was shaking with the after shakes, so I had to calm down a bit then I looked some more [now pitch dark looking with a flashlite] I finaly saw some hair [dark hair so I was pumped] then a few spots of blood I keep walking [ wearing work boots] straight into the swamp, a foot of water and mud now making it slow going. I can't see any more blood so I am just going by a feeling of were it is, all of a sudden snort, splash, splash, I shine the lite on the sound, the cow is comming towards me, I yell and holler she then turns and heads off. After I stop shaking the second time, I look some more and now there is a lot of blood in the water and on downed trees and some swamp grass, I am now about 400 yards into the swamp in 2 feet of water and about a foot of mud soaked, cold looking for the calf, can't see it anywere, thinking what the hell were is it, then I go around a dead fall and there it is. So now I have it to do, took me two hours to get it out of the swamp because of how thick and nasty it was. I cleaned it then went for the bike, got it to the shop and hung it up for 5 days then I butchered it and packaged it by myself as my boys are away and the wife has to work. Now I need a White tail, going to try up to the last day if nessasary.
Back to top Go down
4ST EYES
Admin
4ST EYES

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:50 am

Congrats on the calf. It is always hard work when they fall in a place you can't drive your bike to and in a wet swamp is the worst.
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 am

Congrats on the calf Final ! Good to see you on here again. Hope you get all your health issues worked out. You'll be eating good this winter anyway, good luck on the deer.
Back to top Go down
Tracer
Admin
Tracer

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Amazing hunt Final. Great recovery and congrats.
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailscrossing.com
Final
Admin
Final

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 am

Thanks guys it was a very good hunt, the meat is some of the best I have had in a while so tender and very tasty.
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:33 pm

That is a great story thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Hunt for Moose Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hunt for Moose   My Hunt for Moose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Hunt for Moose
Page 1 of 1